Thursday, April 17, 2008

Me and the EPA (Enviormental Protection Agency)

If some don't know I had owned some auto repair shops and one I also owned the property. I had purchased it way before the EPA even existed, but then the laws changed and all of a sudden I had an issue with contamination.
Over my years of being out and meeting and talking with people I met a person who is also a CD whom I hired as my environmental consultant. I also met another CD who works for the State EPA, and has reviewed my case.
Yesterday, April 16 2008, I had an onsite meeting with 2 people from the EPA but I did so as "Louise" because for some reason Louise seems to carry more influence when doing business. Well, the male EPA official also knows my friend who reviewed my case and said he had met me on a golf event when he was here with some other EPA employees. This case worker looked as if he had never developed a sense of humor and was pretty much a conformist in whatever level of life he associated with. In other words he went to work did his job and came home, that looks as if it's the extent of his life.
When he met me all he could do was smile, not a grin, but the broadest smile from ear to ear for the whole 1 1/2 hours, he asked me no less than 3 times if I was who I was on the files and then asked me about a golf tournament with this other EPA State employ, all I could say is "I can swing a club"
I doubt if I got any benefit other than they were very polite and did offer some information as to how they could help to expedite closing the books. The State employees do need to follow rules but they do have knowledge as to the best ways handle situations.
I had to call my other friend about the connection the male EPA officer made so that he could have a good story ready. It will be very interesting who the conversation goes and how my case worker acts when he is talking with my (so called) golf buddy.

No comments: