Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Restaurant




My wife and I go to breakfast at a local restaurant Sunday mornings, I sometimes go as Louise and the owners love the attention I receive, they feel I bring in business.


 To preface this a little, I almost dress exclusively in women's Jeggings and women's shirts with woman's sandals or Boots, I have almost NO "Lou" (male) clothes, not even underwear.


Last week as I was leaving as "Lou" (my male persona) there was a couple walking towards the door, obviously due to my mode of dressing I make an androgynous presentation, some people "get it" right away, others never give it a second thought (not many anyway).


The couple stop for a moment as I step to the side to let them enter and the man asks, "are you "Louise", I say yes that's me but you have the advantage and how did you know me.


He said we met you about 2 years ago as "Louise" at a local lounge, we talked awhile and we were very impressed with you, seeing you dressed as you are and being so "petite" (5'2) it was a good guess.

Also as my wife and I were talking to the couple, one of the waitresses came outside and said "I just wanted to tell you, your Butt looks great in those jeans".  I always wear women's (stretch) Jeggings. Hey, if they look good on a woman and I have a woman's Butt, why not?


I can't believe people would remember me after 2 years and even without me being in character, but as I often say when people tell me they met me before I use a standard quote.


                   "People say once they meet me they can't forget no matter how hard they try"

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

I would venture to guess that part of the reason you are hard to forget is that you are somewhat 'one of a kind'. You are who you are and you have the courage to be yourself. Another reason is your own brand of self deprecating humor that is noted in the tag line about forgetting.
I am still working on getting my wife loose enough to let me do a run down to AC or over to New Hope. No real movement but there is always hope.