Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Compliment Last Night 06/12/2016

Last night my wife and I went to out local Karaoke hangout.

As I walked in I was greeted in the usual way with many hugs and cheek kisses, they're a very open minded and accepting group.

As I made my way around to a seat my wife had for me, a tallish lady came up behind me and said, I need to thank you for our conversation last year (last year, I can't remember an hour ago). She preceded to tell me I helped her with her self image and the way she saw herself. She always felt self conscious for being tall (she was at best 6' not that tall) she was VERY attractive about late 50's age.

She said I would never dance because I felt so out of place and thanked me for helping her with her self confidence.

Talk about "Turn about"

That's when you realize you're doing the right thing in life when people seek you out and compliment you in public for being yourself and conveying that message to them to be themselves.  

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

I(t is clear that wherever you go you spread joy with your courage. This woman went through life with the unchangable issue of her concern with her own height. You gave her the courage to accept that which she could not change. You do good things.
Pat