Saturday, October 31, 2015

20 Years ago on this Halloween "Louise" was born

Last night me wife and I went to the Brigantine Elks Lodge for the annual Halloween party. I don't really do "costume or Drag" and besides the group we went with (about 7 other couples) was supposed to be 1930's Gangster Babes.
 
The ironic circumstances are that my wife invited the ladies in our group to explore "Louise's Closet" for their gowns as none of them apparently own "UP-Scale" dressy gowns. I kept the one I wore separate; it was a long blue sequined gown with a long slit up one leg.
 
IMHO, I really didn't see a lot of creativity at this party, there were a couple interesting costumes though, one person was a "Wookiee" and was with "Princes Leia" I thought they were the best, his costume looked just like in the movie and she looked exactly like the Princes. There was another person who looked and sang exactly like Rod Stewart, these people deserved 1st Places.
 
At 11 PM we had to do a "walk" so the judges (None ever met or saw me before) could decide who to award prizes to. When we finished the walk I was in the middle of the crowd and due to being so small I tried to get near the front, just to be seen, I had no expectations because "Louise" is pretty much who I am.
 
To my total surprise I was called the first place winner for the category, I pretty much went numb, I was really taken by surprise because I just did my normal "Louise" thing except I wore a more stylish wig and the sequined gown. I guess "Louise" really does draw attention.
 
I have to add that during the evening about 10-12 women who do know me from other venues (after all I'm out 2-3 times a week for 20 years) were exceptionally attentive, one who has (I call) an Alcohol allergy who used to be VERY attractive and owns 2 restaurants on her own, was all over me, we had met about 15 years ago. There was another who is a nurse who works for a local doctor who said they were just talking about me the other day because they had a "Trans-Gendered" person in the office and the Doctor mentioned he knew another one "Louise", I go to his sisters restaurant where we've met a few times and my wife has also been his patient.


Anyway, I was glad to get home and rest my feet. Tonight I go out again in Costume, It's a total contrast, I'll have a couple pictures. 

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

Congratulations. It just goes to show that you can out do anyone when it comes to portraying a glamourous woman. It is also interesting that over time some of the local woman that have met you have decided that you are a person that they want to be around and want to chat with. They must sense that you can see both sides of most issues and that you really do embody being the best of both worls.
Pat