Monday, November 24, 2008

Louise in Church


Saturday night I had planed on going to Diabloique, without getting into a long story, I didn't. Instead I had noticed that there was an African dance group performing at a Church about 20 Min's from our home. I figured I like some of that high energy music and it would be interesting to go as Louise, what was the worse that would happen, would I be rejected by a group who preaches accepting everyone.


It was a very nice event, I'm not sure if anyone noticed me, but my wife Millie said she saw one woman and a younger male who she said she though could have been gay checking me out.


It was about a 2 hour, very energy packed event, lots of jumping and kicking, almost like martial art's. I guess from where they come from (Kenya) you need to protect yourself.


Their tour leader a (Caucasian) lady explained that they do this for donations only and are in this country for one year. They're air far is donated to them, when they get home they share everything they collected with not only all of their family's which are layers deep but also with the villages. She said they live in those corrugated steel shacks with only 3 rooms where you may have 20+ plus people. It really makes you think how good we have it here even with the taxes we pay.


I forgot to have Millie take a picture of me in the church but I have one of the dancers.

No comments: