Sunday, May 09, 2010

Hadassah


Last week I went to a fashion show that was presented by Hadassah (meaning star of hope)an upper class Jewish woman's charity group. I was baptised Catholic, which I don't follow but have found the Jewish customs to be very interesting and based more on logic and reality, I won't get into religious doctrine because many people still fight wars over misinterpretations, so who am I to try and explain it.

The reason I went is because I was in business in Margate, NJ for 40 years and most of my clientele were Jewish and also the gym I go to is predominately patronized by the same people, I wanted them to meet Louise.

We found an empty table and before we knew it others joined us, there was only one male with his wife and daughter who were let to our table by the mother of the woman who own's the store putting on the show, the husband commented he seemed to be the token male at the show, the hostess said not exactly, this is Lou/Louise.

It was an interesting night, Millie said every time I got up the go to the buffet or do something all the women were wispering. At least I didn't have toilit paper hanging out of the back of my dress like this woman did in the posted picture. I got the picture as she was leaving, she was about 40 feet from me so it's dark.

I was very well accepted though and one lady even brougt over her friend to intrroduce me, the lady had no idea I was a male.

No comments: