Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chamber Of Commerce

Tuesday evening my wife and I went to a Chamber of Commence toy gifting event. I dressed as Lou because it's a lot of work for just a couple of hours at one place, besides I had been out from Friday till Monday dressed en-femme and my face needed the rest.
To my surprise many of the people didn't recognize me, although, about 50% did. After the general gathering had ended a few people had stayed to socialize and a few really liked my wife and were quite friendly with her so we stayed later too.
There was one very tall girl there, she must have been about 6'2, late 20's or early 30's, she was having a good time most likely due to a few Cosmopolitans and became somewhat playful with all the men. At one time she had leaned back on her stool, spread her legs to raise them to lay them on one gentleman's lap where he and I had to close her legs and try to keep her from falling backwards., in other words she was smashed. But before that, one person who knew me wanted me to share my Louise persona with her, that's when she become way to friendly with me. My wife thought it was somewhat humorous but annoying.
One of the officers of the CC (a lady) said I really need to talk to you, I thought, Oh boy, here it comes, they don't want me attending meetings dressed, instead she said, I have a family member who Cd's also, but he's gay and it really troubles me. I guess we'll talk sometime in the future, but CDing seems to be very prevalent no matter what the reasons may be.
There was another person there who seemed to look as if he would have been pretty turned off by my "Alter Ego" so I wanted to keep it quite from him, we had raced bike together and he was a really tough rider, he had broke away from the whole group last time he rode with us, so he was serious about sports. One person who knows me both ways said you know Lou "Cross Dresses", this guy was a little stunned, especially knowing me as Lou (I've been told I  take on a mobster type appearance as a guy). I had to at least show my picture to save myself from him thinking I look terrible en-femme, his response was, if you come to my office to talk over your investments, I want you as Louise. quite a compliment, I think.
Next to me were another group of people, I started to talk with the woman and asked where they lived, turns out they live in Brigantine, of course I mentioned to Red Neck bar my wife and I go to on Saturday nights, she said, she goes every Saturday too but never saw me, she asked if I sang and said yes "Wonderful World", she said I don't recognize you from there, out came my picture, she went nuts, she said "your Louise" I LOVE YOU, she hugged me and kissed me all over, her husband and another couple were there and they were all surprised I was Louise.
It was an interesting night to say the least and what everyone seemed to agree on, is they loved my honesty and openness, but I have to give my wife the credit for that, I could never be out without her, she's my HERO.

No comments: