Friday, December 23, 2011

I don't go there

I had visit my Doctor near Philly Wednesday, a 1 PM appointment, by the time I left and made a couple stops on the way home it was around 4:30 PM and I was hungry, so I stopped into a Pizza joint on Rt 73. As I walked in there was a pretty big Afro-American standing at the cash register, he was hard to miss because he was built like a big body builder. He took one look at me and yelled, Wow, you must work out!!!!!
I have to admit I'm not built to bad for a 5'3 some what stocky person, I do have a metamorphic body type but I haven't lifted a weight since I was 16 years old and couldn't now if I wanted too due to a few shoulder injury's, I need a replacement shoulder. Well he in so many words called me a liar and grabbed my arm and said "shit" you're hard as a rock, you do something. I said I ride bike with a race group, but most of those guys are really build like cyclists, small upper body's and arms, I have a large upper body. He then put his arm out flexing his bicep and asked my to feel it, I really didn't have to, I could tell he spent a lot of time in a gym. He also noticed my necklace, to me, it's androgynous, he said it was a symbol for balance (I don't know). I was dressed in my tight woman's jeans and a spandex shirt with my woman's purse, maybe he was unsure or just like femme looking guys. That was the third time in a month a Black guy has had to comment about me.

No comments: