Monday, October 15, 2012

With my dogs as Lou

My wife left Friday with a couple girl friends for the Outer Banks. I was pretty bored by Sunday so I figured I would take my two dogs to "Dog Beach", they were never there. I got them on the beach and the one was very skittish due to the wind. As we were walking there was a young couple with an English Bull Dog, the girl wanted to pet my two dogs. As I was waiting I noticed her husband/Boyfriend had flip flops on and his toe nails were painted pink, honest to goodness. He in no way looked like he was gay, contrary, I thought he was either a cop or just out of the service, he was about my size, a little taller and had one of those cop hair cuts like the troopers have. Well I had to mention them, he said he lost a bet, I decided not to push the issue, he looked like he could get nasty. They were walking back to their car and I went a couple hundred feet more out. I started back but my dogs were pulling to get back fast, so the couple and I got to our cars at the same time. I got the dogs into the car and figured I'd show a couple some of my Louise pictures to the girl and to help the guy feel more comfortable. They were very polite and thought it was neat. When I went to get back into my car, it was locked with the keys and dogs inside, obviously one of them hit to auto door locks while on the arm rest. So now I was really stuck. The couple asked if I had another key, which I knew I had one but couldn't remember if I had put it in my other car, he offered to drive me to my home (about 10 minuets from the park). I couldn't find the key but I had kept my lockout kit from my shop, so I grabbed that and we went back. Fortunately he actually got the car opened by tripping the switch through the door jamb. What a relief, there are still some good people around. BTW, they were from Philly and just down for the day.

No comments: