Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Restaurant

My wife and I go to a Greek restaurant The Windjammer, in Somers Point, NJ most weekends, I do go at times en-fem. This weekend as we were leaving, the two sisters who are owners started to talk with us. The one said, I have a funny story to tell you. One of the servers had seen me and had become attracted to me. Before we left I need to use the restroom and due to the fact I don't consider myself "Transgendered" I'm really not allowed or welcome in the Lady's room, and I don't want to insult or put the restaurant in jeopardy of losing customers, so I respectfully us the men's room. It so happened the server asked the owner why and she informed him I was a male, apparently he was very disappointed.

The other lady owner said I have a story better, one of the servers went into the restroom when I was in the stall. I came out and washed my hands next to him. When he came out he reported to her that a lady was in the men's room.

They, even though being Greek, are very open minded and got the biggest kick out of the responses of their staff and customers. I'm sure they defend me if or when it's needed. That's what I call having character.

No comments: