Sunday, March 01, 2015

The 2015 Atlantic City Auto Show



Over the last 12-15 years I have gone to the Atlantic City Car show Auction, usually alone and ALWAYS en-fem (as Louise). This year after meeting a few gurls within 50-60 miles vicariously though one of them, I asked if they would like to join me.

 Heather, Staci, Nikki and Brianna (Brianna was not at the Auto Show)







The actual motive, I believe for joining me and also for myself, in going to this venue is more about presenting ourselves in public to see how far we can push limits. I don't mean by over exaggerating our appearances by dressing to provocatively or like "Drag Queens" , but more to see how we will be treated in a large public venue. 

I know even after 19 years of being "out" I still get a kick and enjoyment of people needing to talk with me, there is nothing more important than being recognize for our choice of appearance, but also for people acknowledging accepting and respecting us.

The conversation usually amongst most cross-dressers or even people who are interested in the lifestyle is  how "Passable" are you, it almost seems as if our rational is taken for granted that we are pretty much normal, but then the other question that follows next is "are you gay" or do you like men. What most people (including us as CD's too) don't understand is that everyone, who is human has sexual needs and it doesn't matter who or what level of society or business we are, sex is a VERY motivating commodity, in fact, you can have sex rich or poor, fat or skinny or ugly and attractive.
Many people of the Christian faith try to address sex on a morality and guilt basis, yeah, that works, ask a Priest. Other faiths feel it's OK to have sex with minors, as long as it's a family member (I have to think about that one). I'm sure they're many perverted beliefs but because we as male cross-dressers are considered aberrant people automatically consider us "cruising". But many people go to a bar/lounge either to pickup or be picked up and that's normal behavior because you're wearing the properly tagged underwear and socks or pantyhose. 
 
I seem to always go off thought.

The part of the day where it becomes more interesting is when my wife (Millie) picks us up from the show and we go to our favorite breakfast place, but for dinner time now.
As we walk in (4 CD's and one GG) the lady owners welcome us with hugs and kisses and set us up at the most visible table in the place to put us on display. They hovered over us like we were their personal guests, hugging us and having pictures with us. For the other gurls it had to be thrilling to be treated with such respect and admiration (FYI: this is a Greek owned establishment).

I have to also point out, that all but one of these gurls has been out for a few years, usually with a group, possibly for safety, but still trying to discover how it feels to be welcome, there is a difference between acceptance, tolerance and being welcomed, the first two are usually done because people do what's acceptable practice (politically correct, so to say) but being welcomed is something done because people see only who you are regardless of your look or status level in life. For example, a politician commands a certain amount of respect, even if you hate what he stands for, you have to accept or tolerate his BS or be subject to some type of punishment. But take a homeless person who has been down on his luck, he has nothing to offer you, nothing you can take from him that hasn't been taken already, he looks like hell but as a person he asks for little more than just some "daily bread", you empathize with him, you want to try to help and might offer a meal or a bath. To me that's the difference between being accepted and welcomed.

After dinner we went to a dance lounge, there was a new hostess (I really didn't know that) she addressed me with a warm reaction, I thought she knew me. We went over to one side of the bar and the lady manager came over a few minutes later and said to me "the new hostess wants to apologize that she might have scared you, we have your picture on the wall and she was so excited to meet you she over reacted". How about that, talk about celebrity status.  She then said I have a table on the dance floor I want to give to you, I'll put reserve signs on it so you can be comfortable. Holly mackerel, instead of being critical of me and any motives I had by bringing in 4 other CD's with me we were given TOP honors. One of the gurls (Heather) said Louise has pull where ever she goes, she's exactly right in how important it is to act "Lady Like" in public in order to allow people to respect us first before they make assumptions. 

I can't take credit for most of this, I always tell people when they say I have courage (I use another term that starts with a "B") I express they're the ones with courage because people will be more critical about them accepting me and think that they might be the one with ulterior motives.
Also Millie was my backup person, she created, accepted, encouraged and help developed my look so I wouldn't look or act like a clown if and when I went out. She is the HERO.

Louise


1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

It really seems like a great time was had by all. I would like to say I am not jealous but that would not be true.
I really noticed that everyone was smiling and having a great time. A few weeks ago my wife and I went to see the "Motown Revue" at McLoone's in Asbury. There were two CDs there. They looked great, seemed to enjoy the evening and were doing some nice dancing but at no point did I notice a smile from them. I do know one of them and sent her a note. It was great for me for my wife to see two other CDs out and about and having a good time and doing so safely and with the full acceptance of others.
Baby steps for me.
Pat