Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Epicurian




Monday my wife and I (Louise) went to another dinner function. I was greeted at the registration table with a big Hi Louise, please sign in here, by one of the offices of the group.




It is so rewarding to be accepted by "traditional" people, just her little acknowledgement allowed other people who may or may not be aware of what I am to become more comfortable with me. I am finding the more I stay the same, the more people change.




One other interesting fact was that Frank LoBiano or local Congressman was also there, we had met a few times before and one day he happened to be at the gym I go to as myself (Lou). I had to acknowledge him and said we had met before, he of course did as I do and said " you look familiar (trying to be polite) but I just can't place you, so I said this will help refresh your memory and handed my Louise card to him. He laughed and now he's much more comfortable with me. He greeted me with a big smile and hand shake as he said "we've met before".

No comments: