Monday, October 13, 2008

Out of mouths of babes and NYC

My wife and I went up to NNJ this weekend for our grand daughters 3 rd birthday. I had also promised an old acquaintance (another) CD I would go to dinner and a play with her on Sunday, she's a very senior citizen and gets tickers for 5.00 dollars.

My family and I went to breakfast at the same famous "Pancake house" *The Kid from Brooklyn" goes to. I was hoping he would be there. After breakfast we went home where my GD open some more presents from the party the day before (Saturday).

I had to meet my friend about 3 PM at the CDI apartment in NYC just a block from Port Authority bus terminal. I started to dress and was done about 1:30 or so. As I came out of the bedroom which is off the living room of my kids place, my grand daughter looks at me, smiles and says "Pop pop, you have hair" then she said "pop pop, your silly" she also wanted to touch my hair and said it wasn't real. I have to say, for a 3 year old she is sharp and has a good way of expressing herself. Her mother was there also and later my wife said absolutely nothing was mentioned after I left. I really wanted to try to avoid my GD from meeting Louise at least till she was older, but maybe she will be accepting, I guess I'll find out.

I got to the city without fan fare, whether people noticed or not I'm not sure, I know one girl had to because I kept staring at her, she was about 6'1 and stunning and I couldn't take my eye's off of her, she smiled at me and then started to read her book. I got to my destination right on time.

My friend, Joanna and I had a glass of wine, talked for a few minutes and then took a walk to B&H Camera store, if you haven't been there you have no idea what you're missing, they must do 1-3 million dollars a day in business. We had also walked through a street flea market, it was interesting and when I was up there before I went with my wife. As I was looking for my friend who was looking at other booths a gentleman came up to me and asked if I wouldn't mind him taking my picture. Of course Louise loves attention and to model so he took a picture and gave me his card so I could email for it, but Louise is a step ahead (usually) and gave him one of mine. About 2 hours later as we were going to the theater my phone rang and it was him, he said if I was in town for a few days he would like for me to come to his studio to model, I had to decline his invitation for a couple reasons, first I was leaving after the play and I pretty much know what he would have wanted for a gratuity for his service and I'm just not about that.

I got to my son's home about 10 PM and after loading the car we got home about 2 AM, we took about a 1 hour nap at a rest stop.

No comments: