Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Catching up on interesting things


Without knowing me personally it's very hard to feel and know what my feelings are when I'm Louise. If you read some of my Blog posts you'll notice I sometimes mention how poorly I had always been treated as Lou.


A couple weeks ago I went to a street fair in Margate, NJ where my business was, I met a bunch of my old customers and surprisingly they had asked me about Louise, they always gave me a hard time as Lou. I met a lady who my wife knew from a store close to hers and gave her my card thinking she knew me, but she didn't. I felt I had to show her Louise in person, so a few days later I walked into her store as Louise. She just melted and mentioned a few times that I looked exactly like a woman and would have never known if I hadn't shown my picture to her before.


That same day I had my photography club meeting in Cherry Hill, NJ but also my insurance agent wanted to meet me for dinner and discuss a new policy, yes, I went as Louise. He had seen me once before a few years ago dressed, but this time he said (as I sat across from him in the booth) I don't know if I should hit on you or sell you insurance. This guy is an "Insurance Salesman" they have no sense of humor so I really considered that a compliment. I mentioned I would like to meet his wife (they live 5 miles away from the restaurant) so he took me to his home. The main reason was because he has mentioned Louise to her and she commented a few times I had to be gay. I was prepared to meet a hostile person who was going to great me with an attitude, As I walked in, she was standing far back from the front door, about 15 ft as I expected, she took one look at me and almost ran to hug me and draged me into her kitchen, she couldn't do enough for me, wine, cheese and so on. We had a great conversation and I know she formed an entirely different opinion of what being a "cross dresser" may be.


The next place was my camera club meeting, I got there about 45 Min's late. Unfortunately one of the members who I really consider very formidable in his skills and knowledge as a photographer and the biggest and strongest person there who happens to be of a different race whom I'm sure would have had objections if he was treated with prejudice had to make a rude comment "don't let that lady in" I really felt that was uncalled for, I have been to about 4 previous meetings as Louise and everyone has become very accepting and comfortable with her. Anyway, after the meeting one of the members wanted my picture and I will post it here.


The final experience last week was at the Family Center I belong to, it has a health club and my wife takes a couple of classes with the person who recognized me as Louise at the Epicurean dinner we went to last month. My wife and her and some others were at a demonstration for one of the classes and I went over to the lady and said hi, she said I'm sure I know you, but you have to help me remember, what's interesting, she knew me as Louise at the dinner but had no clue at the gym until I gave her my card with a Louise picture on the front. She was ecstatic and we both laughed at the paradox.


That's it till next episode, Louise


No comments: