Sunday, January 11, 2009

So many things happen I forget

A week or so before Christmas Millie and Louise were invited to a house party, the lady was an ex classmate of mine from high school. She was so impressed (blush) with Louise she wanted Louise again at her home, But that's not this story.

As we were getting ready to leave (I was all dressed in a tight red spandex number) our dogs start going crazy (we have 3 Italian Greyhounds), there was a dog about their size a miniature pincher (I had one once) with a little jacket on that read happy "Howodays" and a red collar. He wanted to come in and play, we had no idea where he was from and when we let him in our 3 were on him like "white on rice".

There was no way we were going to keep him in our home and go out, something would have happened, so we called the police and they disclaimed any responsibility, so I figured we'd take him there anyway and just dump him in their laps. The dispatcher finally called animal rescue but said we would need to wait about 20 minutes before they arrived. So I sat with the dog in my lap. All of a sudden cops started arriving at the station and coming in the front door and out from the back, I know they weren't checking the dog out, the dispatcher had called all the cops in to check me out. It was humorous to see the expression on their faces as they tried to make small talk about the dog without laughing. As far as I'm concerned I thought it was great, because little do they know, I know the mayor personally and even have my picture with him as Louise and also the ex city administrator who's father I've known for many, many years.

No comments: