Saturday, April 11, 2009

the lawyer Friday 4/10/09

I received a phone call from a law office Friday afternoon. It was related to a matter about 3 years ago at our neighbors home where they had a wedding reception for their daughter and the new mother in law was suing for a trip and fall (what a class act).

There is an issue which just arose within the last few months that caused us to no longer be on speaking terms with these people due to (you guested it) Louise. Funny thing is she was the one who promoted me to ALL her friends and always invited me as Louise to any function, but due to peer pressure, she has, I think, considered me competition against her.

I informed the attorney about the problem and also mentioned she seemed to have a "Megalomaniac" persona, the attorney started to laugh out loud and said I made that assumption from the investigators report, I then explained why. He seemed to be totally confused and asked if I was Millie, my wife, because he was sending subpoenas out to both of us. I explained that I was Lou and Louise and my wife was Millie, it took a few moments for him to adjust to the explanation.

I then told him if I were subpoenaed I would present myself as Louise in court, he said "I can't wait to meet you".

The interesting circumstance here is that the reason of our conflict is due to Louise, but the person who is going to give the testimony that will clear these people from losing the case is the person they dislike, "Life is a Paradox"

No comments: