Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Pull Over

A couple Saturday's ago 05/06/09, my wife, her girl friend and I (Louise) went to Brigantine, they have a Karaoke night there. It was late, about midnight when we were traveling home and went through a few towns, I hadn't had a drink in over an hour and I only have 2 anyway. I notice a car pass in a no pass zone and figure it's another motorist, but it was a cop, the usual thing happens , lights and all. He comes's to the window and I great him, my wife and her GF are trying to keep a straight face when he asks if I was drinking and I said "officer, I don't drink". I hand him my licence and other information and watch as he walks back to his car. He gets to the front of his where the light is better and as he's looking at my licence he turns back to us and hands me back my information and says, someone called from another town saying to were swerving, but I think you're OK, have a good night.

My wife and her GF almost couldn't contain themselves and were bursting to laugh and had to hold it till he was in his car, they wanted to bust my chops about the not drinking comment and how he didn't want to deal with a Cross Dresser.

I've been pulled over many times, one reason is because I'm usually one of the few car's on the road and it could also be I'm tired and may indeed weave a little giving the illusion of intoxication, but every time I've been fortunate either because of the way I'm dressed as Louise or how i present myself. Also maybe the Cop feels he doesn't want to look prejudice or want to deal with the Louise thing at all. In any event, it's a discretionary call and I appreciate the consideration.

1 comment:

scalesman said...

I have only been pulled over once while dressed. I had been to Georgie's in Asbury and had no more than 2 glasses of wine. I was pulled over on Memorial about a mile south of Georgies and the cop, young enough to by my son, wrote me a ticket for doing 41 in ad 30 MPH zone. I was fuming. It is almost an insult to get a ticket for only 11 mph above the limit.
Pat