Friday, July 03, 2009

Standing Ovation from Red Necks

Last Saturday, 06 28 09, my wife, her girl friend and me as Louise. The place we go to is, for lack of a better description, the image in Webster's Dictionary uses next to "Red Neck Bar", this is a BAR that sells some food and has Karaoke on Saturday nights. Most of the clientele are construction workers and for the most part have a limited sense of humor.
I went there alone (without my wife) about 8-9 months ago because of a few people who like to follow the Karaoke host invited me, I felt some what safe because these people are comfortable with me and will usually mitigate problems before they get out of hand if need be.
Mike the host likes to call me up for just shock value, I can't sing worth a damn and I know it, but I do the best I can and surprisingly no one leaves, I think they're more fascinated with the way I look and the courage I have to just try to sing let alone being all dressed up.
This night, Mike had me sing two songs, both are Louis Armstrong hits "What a wonderful world" and the second one "Hello Dolly" which I did with the Louise Armstrong gravely voice, I must have done a pretty fair rendition, because even the reddest of the Red Necks all stood up and cheered, applauded and whistled for me. TALK ABOUT ACCEPTANCE!

No comments: