Saturday, August 29, 2009

A surprise

Last Wednesday 08/26/09, I was asked to be at a "mixer" to help organize a support group in the Atlantic City area for the GLBT alliance, I felt honored although I don't consider myself "Transgendered", I think they feel I make the best representation (at least) in my community.
My only claim to the Alternative lifestyle is that I accept everyone, I don't consider myself gay (a brief example) men do absolutely nothing for me, many women don't either, but I keep an open mind and admittedly have seen some CD's who I could be very attracted to, but haven't so called "straight" men (and women) too.
Lets face it, we all have hidden or open agendas but it all boils down to one thing, trying to make ourselves happy without harming others. I personal feel and have said many times (especially after finding Louise) that we are all pressured by peer pressure and want to keep from being ostracized by our friends and family's, but it's a paradox, why would our friends hate us if we want to express ourselves in a way that makes us happy.
THE REST OF THE STORY
After the social, I went to a restaurant/lounge I've been to many times with my wife for karaoke. It was a very small crowd this night about 15 or so people, half knew me the others were new to me.
I sat on the mostly empty side of the bar away from everyone. An older man (about mid late 60's) came in and sat on the far opposite corner next to a young woman (40's) but in plain site of me. He noticed me and started to smile and wink and toast me, he also motioned his head for me to come over. I always smile as Louise, I guess I'm just natural happy when Louise. Finally the woman left, I thought for the evening because he waved me over. I figured he had to realize I was a CD, so I wondered over and as he pulled the stool out for me, he asked "can I help you get up" I am very short, I said I'm fine, his next comment was "you have a fantastic smile and face" I knew where this was going and said in my (Lou deep voice) "THANK YOU" he said YOU'RE a MAN!!!!!!!!!!, get away, I'm not interested. Everyone thought it was pretty amusing, I just didn't need to prove how much of a man I was so I said No Problem.
The really interesting issue here was that the woman came back in and I had moved over nest to another lady they both started to talk with me, he was alone and I kept looking at him, he was a pretty unhappy person. He came in to hookup, and the two better looking women there were more interested in me than him.
Life is a Paradox, Louise

No comments: