Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Louise Buys a New Bike

Last Wednesday I received my new "Louise Credit Card". Since I had been considering a new bike I decided to give the Bike shop that is about 20 miles from me a shot at the sale because they were always nice to me, I rarely had bought anything more that 20 bucks from them but they were always appreciative and they do know me in both persona's.
I picked out a bike I felt was what I needed the price was 3600.00, pretty much mid level for a race bike, The owner said let me call the factory rep (who I know also) and see what I can do for you. To coin a phrase "I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse". I should have mentioned, I was Louise while making the purchase, I asked for no special treatment but I did expect maybe a 10% adjustment, what I got was $100.00 over cost and that included assembly. My old shop I had been pretty much exclusive with for 25 years may have offered 10% discount if I bartered with them.
I had done a lot of business with the store I raced for, they have lost most of my business and the people who know me, trust and value my opinon of the type bike to ride and where to go for good treatment, you can bet I will not malign my old shops reputation, I will just direct potential costumers to the other shop. The bottom line is that in many cases (unfortunately) we are judged by looks and how we present ourselves or (as in the case of my local old shop) if someone who has their own issues and wants to malign your character, the new shop was not infected by that peer pressure as was the one near me, shame on them.

No comments: