Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Catching up


I really don't know if anyone reads my Blog, but it's a good diary anyway.


I've been very busy over the last few weeks. As you may have seen from my last post I'm into photography, not that I'm good or know what I'm doing but it keeps me active and I have what I call and hope close friend I love photo, besides my grand daughters.


I had gone to NYC on a Saturday and the Monday after I went to a Photoshop seminar in Philly, which I've been to before (as Louise) and again with the same doctor as I did Saturday in NYC. No we have absolutely nothing going on, he has as much interest in Cd's as I do in men, NON.


We took the bus (my wife Millie dropped us off at the bus stop) and got to Philly about 9:30 Am which gave us time to stop at Penn Terminal a great food place with many Amish farmers who are food vendors there. We picked up some snacks and coffee and headed over to the Philly convention center right across the street.


Everything was pretty non eventful, either because I looked OK or no one cared. About 11 we had a break and I wanted to be comfortable so I headed for the restroom, since the seminar was dominated by men, there was a line to get in the rest room. I was standing in the men's line (contrary to many peoples thoughts men in a dress use the men's room), when the gentleman in front of me turned and said politely "the lady's room is over there" I replied in my Lou voice, my voice is as deep as yours. He was sorta taken back and then said he was friends with a State Legislator who was going to vote on the TG/CD restroom issue and was undecided what way to vote, he then thought about walking into a men's room where some guy was standing in front of a urinal with his dress raised over his hips, that was enough to vote against our rights.


Wednesday I had gone out as Louise, I wanted to make a few stops one at my local bike shop to drop some flyer's off. The owner who has known me for years and knows all about Louise and has the same mentality as the other guys I race with turned and saw me dressed for the first time. The first words out of his moth was "are you here to sell advertising" it seems that he miss took me for an advertising lady who stops there for their Ad business. As rude as he usually is to Lou turned it around and was nice towards Louise, so I think I got a gold star from him.


That afternoon I stopped at my wife's store and then went next door to a small thrift shop. I was looking around and there was a (I think) Asian or Philippine lady dressed in something like nursing greens. She picked up a dress and said, I thing this would look nice on you and then picked out a couple other things. To my surprise I thought they could work too even though they were much different than my normal style. So I purchase them and had good results from people who know me and critique me.

No comments: