Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A letter to my Son

Yesterday I was out early because I had some chores and shopping to do , I like to go out as "Louise". The first thing on the list was a blood test to confirm Gout in my big toe (great) I feel like I'm turning into your mother.

As I swung out of the seat of my car I saw your Uncle Bill coming out of the Labatory door, I called out to him and he looked my way and squinted as if he wasn't sure who I was and started to walk towards me in a questioning way trying to remember who I was. As he got to the back of my car I got out with my umbrella and said "you don't recognize your own brother" he said "not in a getup like that I don't", it was truly a "Kodak Moment".


I asked what was going on, he was trying to be reserve and said "nothing", I said in an authoritative Louise tone, lets have the truth and he had to share it with me. Not a big issue, he's just concerned, it's a little like the condition I have with my bladder, it must run in our family line, so stock up on extra diapers now while they're cheep, in 20-25 years they'll be 10-20 times more.


Say hi to everyone for us, you've got a great little family, I'm proud of you.


Love Dad

No comments: