Saturday, February 06, 2010

Doctors Visit in Philly


Last Monday I had a doctors appointment in Philly, if just so happen the Epicurean group I belong to was having their dinner that night and Millie and I like to go to a piano lounge Monday night also.

I always go dress to the Epicurean and lounge and knew I wouldn't have time in between the Dr appointment and dinner to dress so I dressed early.

We got into the doctors office at our scheduled time and we're sitting in the waiting room after I filled out the tons of paper work you need now before anyone even sees you. The nurse came out and called me by my first name "Louis" my wife and I acknowledged her by nodding but before I could stand she called for "Louis" again, I said I'm "Louis" and again she called for me, I finally was all the way up and stood in front of her and said "I'm Louis". She looked with a surprising expression and said OK, follow me. We went into the smallest exam room I ever saw, my wife could come with me because of the size. The nurse asked me to sit and turned and look into my eyes and said "I'm confused are a man or a woman" I said I'm a male, she replied "and you're here with your mother", well needless to say I started to laugh, I said she's my wife. She only got more confused, her last statement was you look terrific.

After my examination my wife came into help my hook up my body briefer straps and I told her what the nurse asked, Millie went out and stood with her arms across her chest and said "I'm his mother!". the nurse was at a loss for words and Millie started to laugh which allowed the nurse to laugh too.

The picture is at the Epicurean dinner with my wife and a friend, her husband Love's me and just retired from the State Police.

No comments: