Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Impressive Birthday

I usually don't post about Lou's life, but this Saturday Millie and I were invited to a very impressive birthday party of a very popular person in the Atlantic City community.

Many of the guests were local and State politicians and law enforcement officials, also heads of local foundations, CEO's and so on, I'm not sure how or why we were invited other than he and many of the invitees do know me in both persona's.

One of the more interesting conversations was with the past Ambassador of Panama and ex Congressman Hughes. He also sits on the SJI (South Jersey Industries) board of directors, which is where I met him the first time as Louise, I had mentioned that in previous posts.

There was a food line and Ambassador Hughes happened to stand next to me in line, I offered my hand and introduced my self, he said I'm sure we've met before but he couldn't place me, I said yes, we've met at the SJI proxy meetings, but I'm usually a little blond. His face lit up and he pointed at me, smiled and shook and shook and shook my hand 5 times. I was afraid he would walk away from me as he did the last time he saw me as Louise at the proxy meeting. I would have liked my picture with him but thought it would be to presumptuous.

No comments: