Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A double, double take

Fridays I like to dress early and do some errants. I needed to stop by a Radio Shack to question about battery's I had bought about a month ago that went dead without use.

The strip mall where it was located also has a beauty salon where a "pre opp" TS works. I usually bump into her at the Salvation Army as Lou. We're pretty much estranged friends, she tends to be very disinterested in me, I guess because I don't shave for 2-3 days and wear unattractive baggie street clothes and may even look like a "street person". I had shown her my pictures but again she was very distant towards me as Lou. No problem, even though she looks pretty good I'm not looking for any involvement and if I were a TS is not my direction.

I figured as long as I was a couple doors away I'd stop in and say hi as Louise, she happened to be next door at the Pizza shop but sitting on the window ledge. As I walked towards her I said hi, she looked curiously and said hi back, I said you don't recognize me, she said no, who are you? I said "the thrift shop"! It took a second and then she jumped up and said "WOW", I can't believe it, you look great. we talked for a moment but she had to get back to her shop. As I left the Pizza Shop after eating I pulled out of my parking spot and glanced over towards the beauty salon, the whole crew were standing at the window and waving at me.

The second double take was from a person I race bike with, he's a carpenter. I had asked about some work I needed done and he told me to stop by the job he was on to show me his work and discuss my job. I pulled up near him, he had his hair down with a sweat band on and looked exactly like "Rambo" same built and type hair, he usually wears a pony tail when riding. I asked if she was "Sonny", he came to my passenger window and said yes, Sonny speaking, I said your a F**k, he said I'm a what, who are you, I said you ride bike like Sh*t, he got agitated and said who are you. I siad do you want to make something out of it (I knew he had no idea and I wanted to play it up). I got out of my car and then he finally realized who I was, he opened his arms and went to hug me, he said OMG, you're beautiful.

Well it was fun for me and seeing two people who know me as Lou take "double takes" always adds reason to why I love being Louise.

No comments: