Sunday, September 12, 2010

My new hangout & friends


I've mentioned I started going to a new restaurant/lounge about a year ago, but only met the owner a few months ago.

A few weeks ago I had gone in for dinner alone as usual and was sitting at the corner of the bar when the waitress came over and said, Don asked me three times if you came in to bring you into the kitchen, he's working on the line. As I walk into the busy kitchen Don calls out to all his kitchen staff that he wanted to introduce Louise.

I have to admit I considered it a real honor to be recognized that way. This person probably has one the most famous establishments in our area and he took the time to want all his staff to know me.

To further the story, about 2 weeks later I went to dinner with 3 of my longest cycling colleague's. They all know Louise and have an real issue with that side of me. As I walked to the bar looking for them a few people who know me mostly as Louise, but both ways, began to great me, there were 7 or 8 people and were right where my buddy's were standing, one girl came over with a party card and invited me to her party.

One of the guys said one of them standing lookout to see if I came in as Louise, if so they were going to bolt out another door (nice guys)just goes to show you the difference in "herd mentality". The one who is a lawyer said, well you know we're manly men and don't go for that stuff, of course I must say, that I would rather deal with my issues than the issues they're dealing with.


As we were leaving Don (the owner) sees me and says, Lou, I want to to introduce you as Lou to my kitchen staff, so he pulls me away from my (questionable) friends and takes me into the kitchen. When I came out they (my friends) were waiting outside and asked, what was that all about. I conveyed the experience from a few weeks before. Hopefully it will show them how "real men" act.

Don has the yellow gloves on in the picture.

No comments: