Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Funeral

Today I went to a funeral of a person who went way to soon, he left 3 daughters and his wife. I had met my wife at his families Sub and Pizza shop years ago in Margate, it was a hangout similar to the one "The Fonz" hung out at on the TV show, Happy Days.

I went to the reception and as I walked in a woman who I didn't recognize immediately recognized me but wasn't sure where from, she told me who she was and I had known her sister who happened to be the sister of the deceased first (estranged) ex wife.

At the table I was sitting at was a classmate who started to discuss my wife, the lady who thought she recognized me remembered my wife's name and then said I know who you are, she said your Lou and shook her breasts like an old time Burlesque Queen and said out loud, you're LOUISE, she ran around the table and gave me a big kiss and hug. I had wanted to keep my alter ego out of the conversation, this reception wasn't about me.

The other woman who's husband was my classmate then started to discuss the last two reunions I went to as Louise and was critiquing my clothes, she remembered everything I wore and all the conversations we had, she even remembered what I had worn to an AVON meeting I went to with my wife about 10 years ago.

WOW, I guess I do have an affect on people.

1 comment:

scalesman said...

While I do not get out as often as you do I have learned that women are very keyed to what people wear at various times. When I do get out it will almost always be a woman who will compliment me on my dress or shoes although if I am at an LGBT place there are some guys who will comment on my overall presentation.
Pat