Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Miss'D America 2011


My friend Diane Mitchell, from WAYV 95.1 radio asked my wife and I to join her and her friends for Sunday night at the annual Miss'D America (Drag parody) contest done for charity, she happens to be a very kind and beautiful woman. As we went into the convention center and upstairs there was a pre-party with food and a bar.


Some of the Drag Queens were mingling with the crowd and a lot of my old customers were there also. Of course it was a great photo opportunity and my old acquaintances wanted their pictures with me, I also wanted at least one with one of the Drag girls, I think the picture exemplifies the differance between what a Drag Queen wants to present themselves as and how a TG Cross Dresser wants to. And if you're not sure who I am, I'm the litte one.


The show turn out to be very professional, the new directors who also manage the Convention Center controlled it this year. In a way it takes something away from the whole experience though. When it was at Studio Six the show was funny because as much as the girls may have rehearsed they always were fowling up and it was hilarious.


One thing I thought that had made the show better was they brought in all new contestants from different States, there were 8this year. Previously the contestants were the same ones year after year and they rotated the winners. They did include the old local girls as part of some of the skits and also as chorus line girls, but very with limited dialog.


The Drag girls did have to present themselves in talent and evening gowns, but during the week they also were graded for other activities.


This year’s MC was Suzanne Westenhoefer, activities she’s very witty and polite and she mentions that often on stage that she is a Lesbian. I met her last year in person at a “meet and greet” after a show and found her to be very attentive to me and others, a good person who doesn’t sound patronizing when off stage or on for that matter, I liked her.

No comments: