Monday, December 12, 2011

An observation

Friday night I had dinner with my wife at our local Haunt in Somers Point, they treat me us VERY well. As we sat and people were coming in some came over to us to say hello, one was the past CEO of SJI (South Jersey Industry's), he has done this before and his acceptance impresses me, the next was an old classmate, we only knew each other casually in HS but have conversed more now since my "Louise" persona. As we sat, I notice a familiar couple sit next to us, but I have a terrible memory for some people especially if I've only met them less than 3 times. The gentleman looked as if he were slightly dazed, as if he may have suffered a stroke at one time, his wife had to read the menu to him also. As we got up to leave and I walked towards him he stopped me and asked if I was friends with a certain person, I said yes and then realized who he was. I was really impressed that in his condition and never seeing me as "Louise" he knew who I was, we had a very brief conversation, I wanted them to enjoy their meal.
I still had my glass of wine I hadn't finished so I went into the bar area, as I did a lady I've known for about 20 years came over and asked me to join her and her daughter and friends on the porch area. The other 3 lady's (not talking about her daughter) were very attractive, we talked for about an hour and the one invited me and my wife to her house party. One of the interesting observations I had was they were all divorcee's, very attractive, early mid 50's, able to attract almost anyone but have developed "Reputations" which I feel have kept men form being anything more than casual "intimate" acquaintances.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I try to keep myself beyond what the "traditional" (closet type) cross dresser has presented themselves as which has caused many Cd's to be abused or criticized or insulted if they try to go out in public. As much as I've attempted to distance myself from that association I still get occasional negative remarks from Gossip from a few people who may feel I'm taking a little of their lime light away, I'm a very easy target and people will side with others no matter how much they may trust me or respect me. Remember Judas?

No comments: