Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Urologist

So last week I had an appointment with my urologist, I got there at 8:30 and there's usually a receptionist, but they've changed their system.

 

As I walked in there was a bank of monitors with 3 patients hovering over them and cursing in frustration. I was somewhat taken back, first time I've encountered that anywhere. Well it looked reasonably simple so I started to follow the prompts until it asked me to swipe my drivers licence, I leave that in the trunk. So I went out to get it and came back in, in the mean time the 3 patients are still dwelling over the machines and now with angry and verbal obscenities and frustrations. I enter my information without a hitch in 15-20 seconds but I get a message back saying I missed my appointment.

 

There's no one in front to ask what's going on so I go back to the exam area, where I asked if I can be helped by a somewhat annoyed nurse (I guess). I tell her what happened and she says, you missed your appointment and have to reschedule, I said I want to see my Dr. NOW, she goes back and brings out the office manager, I tell her I'm not rescheduling and I want to see my Dr., she looks up my name and says OK, he'll see you in 15 min's wait in the waiting area. We go out and I tell her look, that guy is still having trouble and he's been here 30 min's, she offers no help to him.

 

Finally, the guy yells WTF, I missed my appointment, he goes in the back and starts screaming, the best they'll do is schedule him at 9:30, mind you, he probably had an 8:15 appointment and it's now 9:00., He leaves the office pissed off. Two more guys come in and I warn them they should have their credentials before they start, the one guy looks at me like, don't worry, I've done this before, so I shut up. Well after 15 min's he finally gets logged in, he must have been very early, because the manager told me it times out after 10 min's.

 

To top it off, my Dr, wasn't even there and they were going to have a doctors assitant see me, but I finally got to see a Dr. but not mine and all he did was to ask me questions about how I felt and never touched me.

 

I should have recorded this whole scene for "Americas Funniest Video's", it was a real classic. I think it's time to find another Dr., this is the 4 th one in the same office I've seen in about 3 years. Maybe some people enjoy different people fondling their privates and having digital examinations, but I don't.

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

Medical care is getting harder and harder to obtain all the time. I left my GP when they hooked up with a major medical group and all calls had to go through a central phone tree. It took a month to get a prescription renewed. I went to a solo guy just because it is just him with a PA and an RN.

I had to go to a major medical group for some knee pain. I knew the ortho socially so once I got past the praetorian guard I was able to get decent service.

Experiences like yoou had with your urologist office are becoming the norm. Too bad NJ, like NY, has strict gun laws. If you were in a concealed carry state my guess is that you would not be treated so bad.

Pat