Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Clancy's Restaurant

This past Friday night I went to another of my favorite hangouts. It was mostly the same people who make me very comfortable just by having normal conversations with me. I think most have finally realized I'm pretty harmless and actually see me as Louise.


I walked around the two bar areas and finally settled next to a couple who are very friendly with me and also another gentleman on my other side who claimed to know me but I had forgotten and didn't recognize. Never the less he was very polite.


I like to look and study people, it's interesting seeing many of the same people who seem to have become social groups in and out of the bar scene and then you see some who tend to be alone all the time. The age and type fit all styles and category's, I'd say 5% are married, some are widowed, many divorced.


As I was scanning the area, I noticed 3 middle aged guys, at least mid/late 40's on the other side of the bar, nothing special and I didn't really recognize them. As I'm talking with the one guy on my left, one of the guys from the other side came over behind me and says "Louise, I met you about a year ago and I was just taken back by you, you are amazing and I am so impressed by you". This guy looked some what like "Bluto" Popeye The sailorman's arch enemy. He was pretty big, very hostile looking, veins popping out of his head and a very short beard, this guy had a lot of stress going on in his life and actually reminded me of myself, as far as the stressed look, before I started to go out cross dressed, but he was about 3 times my size. He stood there almost blubbering about how much he admired me and was amazed at how well I looked, he almost had drool running from the sides of his mouth.


I doubt very much he was really attracted to me, but who knows. I was pretty taken back by all of his compliments and some what afraid to ask if he wanted his picture with me for fear he would have taken that as a gesture of me being attracted to him. I think the next time I do have to ask him though, he was very complimentary and I felt like a heel because he may have felt uneasy asking me.


I find it interesting when I read a lot of posts from other CD's who claim they're passable or looking for some type of intimacy with males but won't venture outside of a gay club because they feel safer in that environment. I guess they just don't understand most gay men are attracted to other men, not men who look like women, straight men are attracted to pretty people and seem not to care what gender they may be.


I have no guilt feelings about my sexuality which (I think) is why I can venture out in public and not be ashamed of being myself in any form I chose.

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

It is always nice to hear about your ventures out and about.
Your friend 'Bluto' may harbor the desire to be one of us.
He may be fine in his oversized hairy state as a guy but very envious of someone of your size and appearance.
Pat