Wednesday, April 23, 2014

House & Garden Show

Last Saturday I went to the House & Garden Show at the Atlantic City Convention Center, I really wanted to try out my new outfit in public, something like an Equestrian look.








It seems a shame that the show had really degraded to being non eventful. There were no garden setups at all that I remember and the Home improvement part used to have some interesting demonstrations and new products for DIYers. I think I took the whole show in about an hour.








Before I left I wanted to hit the restroom, I walked by the lady's room where there was a woman with Muslim type headwear who looked at me as I walked by expressing that I was at the right restroom, I said "no, I need the men's room" and just walked past and into the men's room. As I entered there was a row of about 8-10 stall doors in front of me and a guy coming out of one, he immediately informed me of being in the wrong restroom (it happens all the time), I said in my Lou voice (which is the same as Louise) "I know". I entered a stall and he went to wash his hands and say "I really thought you were a woman", I replied "I take that as a compliment".








Later that night ,my wife and I went out for Karaoke. I went to the microphone to sing my second song (What a Wonderful World) and 4 or 5 couples got up to dance, as I was about halfway through, a person from the rear of the bar comes walking onto the dance floor, navigating between the couples and stands in front of me staring, I didn't look at him because I was concentrating on the words, but knew what was happing. After I was done the Karaoke host (Mike) said, you really had that guy confused. When I sat down everyone including my wife were laughing about the incident.






I don't try to full myself by thinking I'm anywhere near passing, I just like to say I make a nice presentation.

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

I really like that you go out and about as yourself in a dress. When I am out I stick with my voice and and I a fine with the concept of being a guy in a dress. Almost always I will use the men's room but if the place has single stall units I will take whichever may be vacant. My goal when I meet people is to merely be my regular normal self...only better dressed.
Pat