Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Painter

This past Monday my painters started working on the outside of my home. I had originally met this person while getting coffee at the local McDonald's, I stopped in after cycling and he was dressed in paint stained clothes, it was obvious he painted, so I asked if he would give me an estimate which turned out very fair compared to other estimates I received, we met a couple times to go over what needed to be done and had set up the scaffolding the week before so he knew me pretty well in my "Lou" persona, which definitely is NOT a "Kodak Moment".

So Monday he comes to start and was parking in my driveway, I asked if he wouldn't mind parking at the curb because my "Twin Sister" was coming over, I was going out in the afternoon to a social event with my wife to meet the new AC Mayor en-fem, I figured I'd break the painters chops because he would still be here when we left.

About 4 PM I come out of my front door to get my mail and he was loading up his truck, as I walked by him (without acknowledging him) he turned from the drivers door and said hello, the paused and looked and said, you almost got me, I looked at him and said, I'm Lou's sister, he looked again and said, OMG, you look exactly alike, I'm Bill the painter, I gave him a sissy limp wrist-ed 2 finger ladylike handshake and had only softened my voice slightly. He asked if "Lou" was in the house because he wanted to give him an estimate on the carpentry work needed, I told him he had gone out and he could talk to him the next day.

The next day I spoke to the painter and commented that my sister told me she met him, he had no comment. I'm going out tomorrow, Friday, and he'll have another chance to meet "Louise" I wonder if he realized who I was and didn't want to say anything.

I'll find out, because I'm a persistent little bitch.

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

That was a good back and forth with the painter. I am curious as to how it finally turned out. It sort of reminded me of the old "Patty Duke" show where Patty Duke played both herself and her straight laced cousin and they would often dress up as each other to confuse people. It was done for comedic effect which seems what was going on in the befuddled mind of your painter.

Both you and your wife look good with the new mayor. I am sure that he was pleased to get up close and personal with a local institution.

Regards,
Pat

PS: Did you ever move to a new house or are you painting the old one?