Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The BBQ that didn't happen




Last weekend we were invited to a BBQ at the Bird Sanctuary in Brigantine. It seems lately we've been spending so much time over there and have met so many nice friends we should consider moving to the city.

Sunday happened to be one of the windiest days in the past year. I had dressed because it was a Saturday afternoon and afterwards the normal routine is to go to Karaoke which I usually go as Louise and wouldn't have time to dress up.

As we get to the beach area of the Bird Sanctuary (which I had checked out the week before and had no difficulty driving on) I notice no one is there, although I see another car parked way up by the lookout tower witch I presumed my had be one of the party goers so I start to drive towards the car following her path. I get about half way and I start to sink into the sand. I stop and try to back out, well I'm going no place, the wind must be 30+++ miles P H and my wig wants to blow off, just then Millie gets a text saying the party was relocated to our friends house to the wind (if I had known 30 seconds earlier I would have avoided this situation).

So there I am trying to work myself out, the person in the 4 wheel drive who was in front of us is on the tower waving and I'm stuck, she must think I'm playing. Anyway after about 2 or 3 minuets and sinking to my frame I finally had mad a little track to some harder sand and was able to pull forward enough to then backup with momentum and drive out of the ditch I put myself in.

We finally get to the party and a few minutes later the woman who was on the tower comes in and asks if I was the person stuck, I said yeah, she said "Oh I have all kinds of chains and rope, I've pulled people out before". Oh well what do you say after that.

Now for the rest of the story. The home owner asks her neighbors to come over, it's 2 men, we weren't sure of the relationship till about a half hour later, but the one is married to the others sister (brother in laws) but for some reason he would say "partner" so it was confusing.

After an hour or so, and Millie being fed a few Adult Beverages (I've mentioned she's part Native American) she was "feeling her Oats" want to share one of her Karaoke songs with the two men she never met before, the song is "The Rodeo Song" and is quite obscene, to say the least. So she's in her glory and does it "acapella". The one new gentleman turns to her and says "I AM a Baptist Minister", well what do you say after that. There I am all dressed up, my wife is singing a highly offensive song and in the company of a Baptist Minister no less, you CAN'T script this stuff (at least I can't).

So obviously everyone try's to mitigate the embarrassment and we go one with the party. The 2 gentlemen are invited to the Karaoke lounge which they seem to be undecided about because they were moving things out of the condo to take home till next year and wanted an early start.

So now it's about 9:30PM at Karaoke and the host wants Millie to sing her song because there's a group of women at one end of the bar harassing him, Millie in all her glory just starts to belt out her "Rodeo Song" and at the first "Fuc*king" when in walks the Minister and his B-I-L. All we could do is laugh like hell and guess what, he comes over and sits next to me and insists on his picture with me. Oh he's single, never married.


.

No comments: