Monday, September 14, 2015

unsung hero

09 11 15

Friday night I went to an UPSCALE lounge (for me 11.50 for a glass of wine in Margate NJ qualifies). The Miss America Pageant officials happened to be there for dinner, I didn't interact with any of them, it was a "Black Tie" affair.

I went into the lounge/dance area and was greeted by an acquaintance with his wife, they button holed me and he insisted on offering me a beverage, I don't really like that for a couple reasons, I feel I might need to reciprocate to the person and who they're with and then I have to be polite and stay with them till I'm done with the drink before I can go to my next "Victim" (so to speak). But it was a nice conversation and I discovered this person is a VERY respected artist with highly desired paintings, I think I'll consider buying one, he had some images on his phone and they were outstanding.

I was done my drink and started to walk around when I was beckoned over by the sister of a guy I used to race bike with (he cross-dresses too, but is closeted and a little slutty, he doesn't know I know and I don't think his sister knows either). She introduced me to a person who happened to be a pretty interesting person, he's a commercial pilot and said he fly's all the big stuff, 757's and things like that, I don't keep track of airplanes, but I know that's much bigger than a tractor trailer. 

I mentioned to him my wife had made up 3 pilots who are cross-dressers, he was a little surpassed and then he asked if I knew about the person who created Sirius Radio, I said no, he said he's a Trans Sexual. I looked up this person, Martine Rothblatt   >>> link to interview.

http://www.ted.com/talks/martine_rothblatt_my_daughter_my_wife_our_robot_and_the_quest_for_immortality?share=156038002d

The irony about this person is NOT that they are a transsexual, the important subject here is she is VERY modest about his sexual identity, definitely NOT a Caitlyn "Bruce" Jenner in either appearance, polarity or need to be as flamboyant in promoting her sexual identity.

It is her qualifications as a true GENUS and contributions to technology, medicine and lifestyles without any flag waving about over coming personal demons, she's a "pull up your boots" and do it person, a role model for anyone of any lifestyle regardless of any orientation.

Watch the interview

 http://www.ted.com/talks/martine_rothblatt_my_daughter_my_wife_our_robot_and_the_quest_for_immortality?share=156038002d



 

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

Martine Rothblatt is a genius in every sense of the word and a person of character and courage. It is one more example that there are folks dealing with gender issues from every walk of life.
Pat