Tuesday, September 09, 2008

09 05 08 Friday with my arobics classmates

Friday I was informed one of the instructors was also a singer at a lounge I have frequented. Most of my aerobics classmates know of "Louise" but haven't had the opportunity to meet her in person, I felt this was an opportune time.



I was only apprehensive of the singing instructor because I didn't want to conflict with her performance and also she seems to be very intense when I've talked with her and I'm not one of her most popular acquaintances.



So in I come and one of the first groups I bump into is a woman who's brother is a friend of mine, she had met Louise once before and she introduced me to the other 3 older lady's at her table. Just to interject, one of the experiences I have come across is that if you are introduced by a person who others respect you're a (shoe) in.



As I checked out the rest of the people at the bar and started to talk with a couple other lady's and again was introduced to a couple others. Surprisingly the singing fitness trainer was very complimentary and liked my outfit, she had a gown on and I mentioned I wanted to try it on, I finally got a laugh out of her.



I wanted to go to another restaurant/lounge so I was saying good night when one of the lady's who just met me started to say,



"I was told your a cross dresser and if I had to pick out a cross dresser in this group, it would not have been you".



What a compliment, I never pretend I pass, especially by the way I walk and talk, I've tried to soften my walk but I remain stiff somewhat like James Cagney who was a dancer but was also so stiff when he walked or danced, it's just a trait I can't change, my voice in some situations for some reason does work and many times if I'm sitting people won't realize I'm a male when talking with me. She also mentioned she was from London and was a physiologist and when she worked for a hospital, they used to strap cross dressers down to a metal box spring dressed and electrically shock them to try to get them to think differently. She asked if she could contact me about the subject, so I gave her my card and we'll see how interested she is.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hate to say it.... but I TOLD YA SO! LOL BTW: love the pic.