Sunday, January 24, 2010

A day in NYC

Last Sunday my wife and I went to NYC to see "Hair", our son gave us tickets for Christmas.

We parked in West NY right on River Dr on the Jersey side of the Hudson and took the bus to Port Authority. I needed a restroom and remembered that Port Authority does not fall under NYC rules as far as TG/CD people using the restroom of their gender expression so I used the men's room. All the stalls were in use and the room was divided between the sinks and stalls and urinals. I waited by the sink area near the entrance. A tall guy came in, I don't know if he noticed me or not but he sorta turned his back towards me at the first urinal to pee, a moment later a cherub looking person came in with a ruddy complexion, he started to pee and looked towards me and said "you know this is the men's room" I replied with my deep male voice "don't worry about it, but thanks for the compliment". the other guys shoulders were shaking because he was laughing so hard.

The weather was pretty bad and about a half hour after we got out of the bus station it started to rain. We stopped to eat and watched a pizza twirling show, this guy punched the dough a few times and thew it up 2-3 times and made a perfectly round shell. The whole process took less than 1 1/2 minuets.

By now it was almost pouring and I needed an umbrella, well it's NYC so there were umbrella sales people walking the streets, 5 bucks did the trick.

The play started at 3 PM, we were about 15 minuets early so were lucky to be in the vestibule out of the weather. Our seats were all the way up, about 6 rows from the back of the balcony, we could see but between the location and story I doubt I'd ever pay that much for tickets.

After the play we had dinner and then caught the bus back to Jersey. We got to the car by 8 PM, called our kid to make sure Louise would be welcome and drove about 1 mile to his home.

Our Grand Daughter was still awake when we walked in, when she saw me she said "Pop Pop, you have new hair", she sat on my lap and played with my necklace and asked where I got it, I told her her Na Na gave it to me for Christmas. It's amazing to see how accepting kids are before some adult who should know better poisons their minds with "Holly rhetoric".

No comments: