Sunday, April 18, 2010

Friday 04/16/10

I've been going to a different restaurant/lounge over the last couple months. It's not really the type place I'm real comfortable in, any time you need 6-8 bouncers on duty projects some type of aggressive attitude by adults who don't act as adults.

As I walked in the owner was looking at me and because he seemed apprehensive of me when I attempted to introduce myself to him about 2 months before I just decided to acknowledge him without conversation. I sort of pressed my way past a group of people and because everyone is much taller than me and the guys back was to me I didn't look to see who it was. I ordered a drink and tried to stand against the wall to stay out of traffic.

A moment later I heard someone calling my name, I looked over and it was from the person I pushed pass, it was Assemblyman Amadeo, we've known each other casually for about 15 years. As I came over he reached out and pulled me into him and started to hug and kiss my cheek, he was with his wife and an older couple who he introduce me to, I had met his wife before.

I was very surprised at the fuss he made over me, we are at best just casual friends be he made out as if we were the closet of buddies, why is that, as Lou he would have been polite but as Louise he was extremely gregarious.

As we talked I mentioned I had attempted to introduce myself to the owner so he would be comfortable with my presence in his establishment, but felt he was afraid of me. With that John the Assemblyman looked over his shoulder to where the owner Don was and called him over, he said I want you to meet an old friend of mine, I've known Lou/Louise for almost 50 years (wow, that long?). The owner said I'm happy to meet you, I know you've been coming in the last couple months, I hear your wife dresses you, I said, I'm a big girl, I can dress myself, but she does do my makeup. That was enough to break the ice, he said you're more than welcome here anytime, I'm glad you chose my place to come to. It goes to prove, it's more about who you know than what you know, John gave me a fast track in, I could have eventually gained this mans trust, but this was with a respected persons guarantee I was OK.

Thank you John, you get my vote even if you are a Republican.

No comments: