Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Plumbing Supply

Last week I had to get a new Flush Valve for my toilet, I stopped into a plumbing supply house that primarily deals with the trade. The counterman seemed friendly after he asked me how I was and answered "short and ugly", he said this guy has a sense of humor.

The valve I needed happened to be a spacial type for one piece toilets, he gave me the price and I was sort of shocked (125.00), I had seen them priced for under 30.00 at Home Depot and Lowe's, but as I said it was supposed to be special.

I decided to tell him I wanted to bring back the exact model of my toilet to make sure before I put that much out.

I checked online and found that I could get one for about 95.00 dollars but with shipping it was about 110.00, I figured for 15.00 bucks I'd stay local.

The next day I wanted to dress early and figured these guys needed a little excitement at the supply house, so I stopped over. When I entered there were 2 plumbers standing at the counter and 3 more came in, I'm a little person (5'3 tall) and most plumbers are pretty formidable guys, I got no strange looks or remarks.

My turn came up and the counter man politely said "how may I help you miss", I said my twin brother had stopped in about a flush valve and showed him the printout, he looked and said, well yesterday you were ugly, but today you look pretty good. With that he said I'll give you a better price, it was 5.00 more than the online price.

Moral, pretty people get better treatment.

2 comments:

Stu said...

just saw your blog Your great getting out having a good time and it seems seldom getting any negative feed back. Thats great more CDs need to do that and not get so hung up on the negative. I have never had a problem when I have been out, which isn't enough. Your giving me motivation to get out more
Thanks Sallee

Anonymous said...

Thanks for share about "The Plumbing Supply". Your information is really useful for us.

Plumbing Supply Seattle