Monday, February 28, 2011

Lady's Night Out 02/26/11

The LNO in Toms River is a nice venue that is distanced, almost equaly, between Atlantic City and NYC for CD's to experience an evening with other CD's in a straight environment, especially for CD's looking to transition between their "closet" or gay club only venues into how they will be accepted by straight people.This can be a daunting situation without support, I don't think I would have come out of my closet if my wife hadn't given me the support she had.

I don't go to LNO often due to distance and also because I find my interaction in the "traditional" community is more fun for me, besides, I'm not trying to pass myself off (any longer) as a mentor for other CD's, although if someone asks for my help or experiences I will try to keep them from damaging their reputation so they can keep their doors open to go public if they ever want to, hey, we all have our needs and attractions but we have to be adult about it too.

This Saturday I went with a (platonic) friend that my wife and I helped a couple years ago. Because we could share the ride and he/she doesn't get much opportunity to meet other CD's that may be interested in what he's looking for and I have no reservations about that, I've even tried to help him/her with that. First we went to a restaurant we've gone to before. We ordered our meals and the owner stopped by our table to ask me why he hadn't seen me as much as usual. He then said "when you walk in, you own the place" saying that he and everyone else looks forward to seeing me and talking with me. This is a very family orientated establishment, I was very proud of his comments especially in front of my friend, it just proved my philosophy that if you act no differently in your "Alter Ego" as you would in your normal day to day life (most) people shouldn't have an issue with you.

My friend called me the next night and commented about the experience and used the term "your a Rock Star", every where I go with you people come over for you to recognize them, they are proud you know them or they know you. My life was never one anyone would want to have as Lou, but when I'm Louise, it almost seems everyone wants a little bit of me, some want it for reasons that have hurt me too, because when I say, do or offer myself it's done from my heart with no renovations, but the people I have offered the most to have given me the least in return as far as friendship. Possibly they're afraid I want to take some of their spotlight, I only what to offer more of myself to them.

Louise

No comments: