Thursday, February 24, 2011

When you have nothing else to lose

I have put a label on our concerns about "being made" and how the general public will treat or accept us, I call it "THE WHEEL CHAIR EFFECT". Meaning many CD's are not fortunate enough to be passable, so when out people will have a tendency to, elbow, whisper, raise their eyebrows towards you or any thing else to give notice to a companion of what you are. I've discovered that depending on how one presents themselves in any venue will help people to accept and appreciate your openness and honesty.

As a few other CD girls here I am very comfortable in public and am out 2-3 times a week, sometimes with my wife. As a matter of fact my wife and I or myself alone have helped many "girls" go out for their first adventure in public. Not only do I shop, but also share my "Louise" persona with everyone who knows me as Lou.


Saturday night my wife (Millie) and I went to Brigantine to a "Red Neck" joint, it's all locals and most are in the construction field so, they're "manly men". As I came in, there were 2 big guys at the bar with their wives' I assume, the one asked if I had seen the YouTube video of the Brigantine Polar Bear Plunge 2011, I didn't realize it was posted, but I looked it up and there I was with Millie, around the middle of the video. The other fellow reminded me he had removed my gasoline tanks from my service station property a few years ago. The impressive part is here are two big guys well known in this "Red Neck" bar who had the courage to talk with me and treat me with respect.

We went over to a table where a few friends were and behind them were two ladies who obviously notice what I was. As the night progressed the one lady keep smiling towards me, it was my obligation to introduce myself, remember "wheel chair effect". I went over and said hello, I'm Louise. We talked a while and she became so comfortable with me she told me about some very personal family issues, nothing sexual, but about her relationship and unhappiness with her husband and children and all she had done for them and lack of respect she had received in return. The only answer I could give her was.

"When you realize you have nothing left to lose, you will finally do what you want to do to make yourself happy".

CuteLouise

No comments: