Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sometimes I worry to much

Today I went to a Camber of Commerce meeting. Due to the type and direction of this group I've tried to keep my "Louise" persona at home, I just don't feel it's appropriate and besides I don't claim to be "Trans Gendered" I'm only a very open and accepted "Cross Dresser" although some may argue that.
I sat with 2 gentlemen who worked for Comcast and were also into athletics (I used to be a competitive cyclist) so it was an impetus for conversation. As the meeting was getting close to beginning 3 women came to our table and we all introduced ourselves. This group is all about networking businesses and I was asked mine, so I just mentioned I represented my wife's jewelry store.
One of the ladies ask, why do I know you, you look very familiar, the other younger one chimed in and said the same thing. I attempted to just brush it off saying I've been around the area all my life and had owned 4 businesses locally, I just wanted to keep Louise out of the conversation. Then the lady sitting next to me noticed my nails, she said "Oh, now I know who you are", I said, you must know my "alter ego" she nodded and had a huge smirk on her face as if she swallowed a bird. The lady who hadn't said anything now say's, you have to tell us who you are, it's killing us to know.
I said OK, I'm not and entertainer, but I am entertaining, all the time the lady who recognized me is dying to tell them, since the "jig was up" (so to speak), I handed them my business card with my Louise picture on it. To my surprise they had absolutely no issues and one of the Comcast guys said I'll see if I can do something for you on your cable bill. The pretty girl asked me to come to the next meeting dressed, hum, I don't know about that.
Then another interesting conversation with a man and woman. I'm told I'm built pretty good, so the man who was about mid 40's asked me how much I work out, he said he had a personal trainer and would love to be built like me some day, that was very complimentary, I haven't lifted weights since I was 16 but I still ride bike with a race group. The lady who manages 2 local bank branches said her husband is a body builder and also a hair dresser, I asked if his shop was in a nearby location, she said yes, I wonder if she knows he CD's too and has hit on me on the Internet.
As I was leaving the restaurant, there was an older gentleman waiting by the entrance and asked me as we walked out together, what's your profession where everyone was talking to you, at this pint I became a little braver and said I was entertaining and handed him my card, he said, I'm from New Hope, come up sometime. We also have a mutual friend who plays piano.
The lunch was good.

No comments: