Sunday, February 13, 2011

One of the reasons I don't care

I was out last Wednesday evening in Margate. I had been in business that town for quite a while. As I was leaving a popular night spot (as Louise) a person I've seen and had general conversations with started to talk with me, a moment later his friend came over and the person I was talking with introduced me to him. the new guy said, I know who you are, I just shrugged it off because I'm very comfortable that people know me both ways, although I really have difficulty recognizing a lot of people, I hope I don't come off as being rude, it's just something I can't help.
Nevertheless, he mentioned 3 times he knew who I was and then said "yeah, my buddy has his pickup at your place being worked on". Gee, I thought my memory was bad, I think I sold my property about 8 years ago and when they tore it down they built 4 houses on it, I better go back in the morning to make sure I didn't forget that I may still be working.
No wonder I don't care what people think, I've been blamed for more than I could have ever done in my life time, that's one of the reasons I go out in disguise (maybe). I also wonder who the poor guy is that is being mistaken for me. One of my friends who had another shop was always being told he was me too, he finally asked to have a picture with him so he could prove he wasn't me.

No comments: