Monday, March 07, 2011

The Thrift Shop

If I haven't mentioned yet, I usually go to the Thrift Shop in my area about once a week, it does become a compulsion. Most people know me both ways so when they see me "grazing" in the woman's area they just smile and some help find something they think would look nice on me.
I happened to go last week dressed as Louise, I've shown my pictures to an older Irish woman, very Catholic type, she tends to be some what critical but not rude when I show her a new picture, I like doing that for the shock value besides I have nothing to hide anyway. She's only seen my pictures as I said, but last Wednesday I was walking down an isle and she was at the other end, I looked forward and there she was with her mouth wide open. She said, OMG, you really look good, she said I love your hair, I need to get a wig like that. The interesting thing here is, when seeing me as Lou and a picture, she tended to be a little critical or concerned about my mental health, but in person, she was so over whelmed by seeing me in "Real Time" that it all made sense to her.
As I was walking towards the center isle I passed a VERY heavy set woman, the type who had a mustache, she called over to her husband or brother, not sure which because they looked identical, both were around 250-260# about 5'6 tall and both needed a shave. I knew her motive, she made me (I never said I was passable, but I do make a good presentation), they had to do a pass by, it was very obvious to me more so than I am obvious as a cross dresser. So the guy says, what is this country coming to, I couldn't let it go, I answered, hey pal, maybe you and your wife should look in a mirror, and then you may want to try dressing like me. Of course I caught them off guard and the shuffled away.

No comments: