Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Knife & Fork Inn





Monday night I had the pleasure of having dinner at the world famous Knife & Fork Inn of Atlantic City. I had known the previous owner Mack Latz, who by all intents and purpose's was probably one of the most successful and disliked people in the area. He was a customer of mine for many years and very obnoxious, but I never gave him an inch, I find I can have more fun (after getting to know each other) with that type person, but he did treat his immediate family terribly. An example of how I used to break his chops. He had a Jack Russel Terrier, I love little dogs, the dog loved when I used my knuckles to rub his back, he would get so excited he would pee all over the seat, Mack would yell at me not to pet his dog because of it, my answer was I liked the dog better than him, he still came in, I think he respected me for not giving into him. I have to give credit where it's due, Mack gave you a spectacular dinner, in my opinion I had never tasted a better steak although the Dougherty's who own it now are keeping the same standards. I also know the Daugherty's who were also customers of mine and lived in the same apartment complex as my parents did when I was born, my father was a Business manager for the local waiters, waitresses and bar tenders union during the Nucky Johnson era back then and used to supply staff for all the food establishments who were unionized. I* also mentioned previously my brother held the same political appointment as Nucky for 20 years.

An Interesting read http://www.knifeandforkinn.com/aboutus.php

It was also my pleasure to have dinner this time with Tom Laminae who was the Channel 3 Philadelphia TV weather man. I've known Tom since my high school days, when he used to DJ the "Hop" at the YMCA in Atlantic City. I would hear him starting the "where's Tate" chant over the radio as I was driving up Pacific ave to the dance. Well I guess he found out where Tate is now, here's my picture with him.
Louise

No comments: