Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OK beat me up about the black hair

Over the years I have accumulated approximately 50 wigs, about 5 black and 4 auburn/red. I wanted to try my black again. You must realize as with a new hairdo that may be irreversible until it grows in, that in a similar way, once you go out with a new style or color dressed, you're at risk of ridicule.
I felt that I would be reasonably accepted even though it's a drastic change from my blond. Most people were complimentary, and to be honest, they didn't sound patronizing, but I could sense a bit of dislike.
The next week I went out as a blond again, to my surprise about 30-40% of the people who saw me with the black wig preferred it and were upset I went blond again.
My instincts tell me blond is better for me. Although, as a brunette, my money was no good at the 2 lounges I went to, no one would let me pay for my own drinks. Maybe I should reconsider the black again.

No comments: