Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Breakfast at McDonalds

Last week I had gone out early and decided to get some breakfast at McDonalds, it's not my normal thing and I was Lou. As I sat down a gentleman a little older than me was walking past my table, I invited him to join me. He seemed very amicable and also wanted some company while eating.
Our conversation ranged from his losing his wife of 40 years a few months earlier to our kids and grand kids, work and so on.
As we were almost done and I had felt comfortable with him I shared my Louise pictures with him, surprisingly (he had been a longshoreman) meaning a no BS type person, he was very accepting. He then told me his son was a NYC cop and his daughter was a NYC detective who was divorced with 2 kids that he looked after. He then said, I was suspicious of my daughters sexual orientation and would beat around the bush asking why she wasn't dating men, she finally said, do you want to know if I'm gay, well I am. See, we all have some baggage, my sharing my femme side with him allowed him to be able to accept his daughters orientation much better. We shook hands and he said he was very happy we had met and I helped him with his loss and his daughers lifestyle. Being a Cross Dresser isn't always a bad thing.

No comments: