Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Chamber of Commerce luncheon

This past Thursday I went to a Chamber of Commerce luncheon at the Atlantic City Country Club, as Louise. The main speaker and invited guest was the CEO of Verizon and most of the other guests were public officials, lawyers and bank representatives.
I was sitting at a table with some bank representatives and the County executive was talking with a couple local lawyers, as he scanned the room he saw me (he was my son's teacher in HS and my brother was also a high county official), he blew a double handed kiss towards me. Everyone saw it and laughed, I blew a kiss back.
One of my old customers (a lawyer) was walking by the table and I called out to him, he put his arms out for me to come to him and hugged me and said out loud "LOUISE HUNNY" and kissed me.
I must admit I think it takes more courage for people to be accepting in public to someone like me, especially if they are well known, because, as we all know, many people tend to be afraid of being considered "Guilty by Association", I admire these gentlemen and others like them.

No comments: