Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Thrift Shop

Last Wednesday I went to the thrift shop, as I was browsing one of the isles with a Zebra print dress and a couple other items in my arms, an older lady (around 85) said, you have good taste in clothes, your wife must really trust you pick things out for her. That's all I needed to start a conversation, I heard her accent and asked if she were from Poland and she confirmed that, I said my mother was too. I then took out one of my older business cards where I'm knelling on my bed and showed her. She said, your wife is very pretty, I said she is, but this picture is of me. To my surprise, she said I've been through a lot of experiences in my life and if that makes you happy then do it. Then she asked me to carry her basket of clothes to the dressing room area.

No comments: