Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Hospital

A few weeks ago my wife had her knee replaced, it was a few days before the Memorial day weekend. We were asked to attend the barbecue celebration party, I came as Louise.
Interestingly no one made any comments other than the public relations coordinator. She asked if I had ever considered going to public schools to discuss with kids about the "cross dressing" lifestyle. My reply was that I would love to do that, but because I'm not trained as a professional and may make a misstatement and set someone off on the wrong direction, I felt it would be inappropriate, possibly if it were more on a one to one basis with the child's parents present and a pre conversation with them about their concerns, I would be more comfortable.
I've found that people who are just average and are given a (metaphorical) "badge" can carry a lot of weight, I don't want to have a guilty conscious if I were to direct someone incorrectly because they trusted my opinion and I was wrong.

No comments: